Science has shown time and time again that UV rays are dangerous and damaging to human skin. But, let's be honest, it's hard to say no to a sun-kissed glow. Fortunately, now you can achieve radiant skin without subjecting yourself to the problems ultraviolet light can inflict on your precious outer layer. We'd like to introduce you to Ópalens; a new, all-natural, cruelty-free vegan line of self-tanning and body-care products that'll make you love your skin again!
Let's Talk About UV Rays Real Quick
Ultraviolet (UV) rays are a form of electromagnetic radiation that comes from the sun and tanning beds—the two places you're most likely to visit when you want a glowing skin tan. Unfortunately, as we all know, they aren't good for your skin or your body. There are three main categories of UV radiation:
- UVA Rays, which have the least amount of energy among the three categories. They can cause premature aging and inflict some indirect damage to cells' DNA. They're usually a culprit for wrinkles.
- UVB Rays are in the middle of the energy spectrum. They can cause more damage than UVA rays and tend to be the cause of sunburns. They're also thought to be the rays that are most correlated with skin cancer.
- UVC Rays are the strongest of the three types of UV rays, but they aren't usually a risk factor for cancer because they stay in the atmosphere and don't reach the ground.
In other words, UV rays are very detrimental. The cells that contain the pigment called melanin live in the skin's outer layer. Melanin is what protects the skin from the UV rays, but it can burn, and over time, cause the skin to lose its elasticity. Ultimately, this process will then lead to premature aging, as wrinkles and dull skin begin to appear. Too much exposure to UV rays can cause sunburns, which are known to contribute to skin damage and skin cancer. Frequent exposure to UV rays over many years is the chief cause of cancer. It's important to note that skin cancer can form on areas of your skin that aren't even exposed to sunlight.
Do You Need to Run From the Sun?
Well, the short answer is yes. If you're not interested in premature wrinkles, dried-out skin, or skin cancer, the best thing you can do for your body is to stay away from that bright star in the sky. Fortunately, that doesn't mean you have to walk around with winter-pale skin all year long. You've now discovered Ópalens, and Ópalens has discovered how to give you glowy, radiant, stunning skin in a healthy way.
How you ask? Great question!
Staying out of the sun will help prevent future wrinkles from occurring too quickly, but you may have already caused fine lines to appear on your skin from years of sun exposure. Thankfully, Ópalens can assist you with this problem, too. Each of our products helps reduce the signs of fine lines and wrinkles.
The Goods are in the Ingredients
When we decided to embark on a mission to change the way people self-tanned, we worked long and hard to find the kind of ingredients we'd want to put on our own bodies. After all, what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body. With this in mind, you'll find that a healthy and natural tan starts with clean ingredients like:
- CBD oil, which soothes skin and helps minimize skin imperfections;
- Aloe — Mother Nature's answer to soft, supple, well-moisturized skin;
- Green tea to invigorate and awaken your skin cells;
- 30 more botanicals that are known to naturally add benefits to your skin without the use of harsh toxins or chemicals;
- More than 10 antioxidants to flush away the bad stuff and give your skin the reparative, restorative help it deserves.
Get Your Ó Glow On!
Our professional self tanning products will give you an amazing color similar to what you'd achieve by laying out in the sun, but without the damage caused by UV rays. We're all about repairing and refreshing skin, leaving it feeling fresh and looking like a million sun-kissed bucks! We've strived to produce the healthiest self tanner on the market, and we can't wait for you to see the difference The Ó Glow can make!Get your glow on! At Ópalens, your beautiful skin is our top priority. Shop our entire collection and get ready to love your skin again!